Re: About sponsoring non-free packages

On 14 Jan 2002, Jérôme Marant wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Jérôme,

>   I propose that we do not sponsor people for non-free packages.
>   People that we want to join us and seeking sponsors for
>   non-free package are showing that they do not understand
>   our philosophy and dedication to Free Software.

do you also implicitely say that I "do not understand our philosophy and
dedication to Free Software" because I do maintain a non-free package
(xsnow)?

It's clear that free software is better than non-free software but please
don't forget that you agreed that "We will support our users who develop
and run non-free software on Debian".

cu
Adrian