Re: About sponsoring non-free packages

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 01:04:10PM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I propose that we do not sponsor people for non-free packages.
>   People that we want to join us and seeking sponsors for
>   non-free package are showing that they do not understand
>   our philosophy and dedication to Free Software.

Sponsoring a package imply support for that package, and Debian want to
support even non free package.

We have our own Free Software Guideline to which we must refer for
licensing and redistribution.

Free Software integralism do not help Debian.
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$