Re: Strange new BTS behavior

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 11:12:57AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Richard Atterer wrote:
> > Couldn't the BTS *please* be changed to precede the "From" with ">"?
>
> The MTA should do that afaik, not the BTS.

I searched through lots of RFCs once and didn't reach a clear
conclusion about this, but AFAICT the MTA is correct *not* to quote
the From as long as the mail is a MIME mail with correct
Content-Length header. Unfortunately, that leads to problems with
non-MIME-aware programs such as my uni's POP3 daemon...

BTW, how does the BTS send mails?

Cheers,

  Richard

--