Re: Strange new BTS behavior

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 08:16:57AM -0500, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> I just uploaded the new atari800 package that closed three bug reports.
>
> Along with the closed report on the bugs, I get a copy of the
> original bug report as well. It took me a couple of minutes to
> realise that these were not new reports.
>
> I see no reason for these confusing, duplicate, mails. Is there some
> subtle reason that I'm missing for them to be plonked in my mailbox?

Maybe you are suffering from the same problem as me. The BTS does in
fact only send one mail which includes the original bug report...

...however, the BTS mails include the "From a@b.c" line without quoting
the "From" with ">". My uni's mail setup causes the message to be
written to an mbox without any changes (but with an appropriate
Content-Length). However, when I fetch mail, the POP3 daemon doesn't
care about the Content-Length and splits the message into two. :-[

Couldn't the BTS *please* be changed to precede the "From" with ">"? I
realize the problem is on my end, but it doesn't look like they'll fix
it anytime soon! :-/

Cheers,

  Richard

--