Re: apache2: clearing the air [please read]

Daniel Stone <daniel@sfarc.net> writes:

> The virtual host layout is such:
> 	* /var/www/the.host.name/htdocs - document root for that host
> 	* /var/www/the.host.name/cgi-bin - CGI scripts for that host
> 	* /var/www/the.host.name/logs - logs for that host

Good idea. Let packages with cgi-scripts install them in
/usr/lib/cgi-lib then the administrator could symlinks the needed
scipts to the virtual hosts where they are needed.

I allso use /var/www/the.vhost.name/conf/httpd.conf as configuration
of the virtual host to let the vhost-webmasters do some of the
configuration on their own. But I guess that is actually a sucurity
problem.

--
Når folk spørger mig, om jeg er nørd, bliver jeg altid ilde til mode
og svarer lidt undskyldende: "Nej, jeg bruger RedHat".