Re: apache2: clearing the air [please read]

Previously Daniel Stone wrote:
> It's packaged differently. Very differently. Web pages no longer go
> (directly) to /var/www, CGI scripts no longer go to /usr/lib/cgi-bin (at
> all), logs don't go to /var/log/apache2.

I don't care why you did this, it is a violation of Debian policy
and it means all existing packages that install CGIs or webpages
will not work with apache2.

Why not change things to have /var/www and /usr/lib/cgi-bin as locations
for the default virtual host and allow the admin to specify the location
for other hosts? That fits the FHS (and LSB) which explicitly leave
that up to the admin.

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@wiggy.net                   http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |