Re: A script to see how much a package is depended upon.

> As I anticipated, it has a lot of "loops", and it is going in ridiculous
> values. These things should have had trouble when porting to new arches,
> but anyway, I have put the script up on
> http://mikilab.doshisha.ac.jp/~dancer/analyse-sourcepackages

neato.... i had written something somewhat similar some months back that
the ia64/hppa porters occasionally use. It only analyzes
build-dependencies though....

i made a picture of the build-dependencies of bash using the script and
graphviz:
http://people.debian.org/~tausq/bash-build-deps.png

scary...

also generates things like
http://auric.debian.org/~tausq/buildd/ia64-latest.html

but the script is a bit buggy and ugly :) <cough>

auric:~tausq/bdepvis if anyone is interested.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/