Re: RFD: translated description with dpkg

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 05:19:38PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Martin Quinson wrote:
>

> > I suggset a new category called 'l10n' (or at least a new tag). So, it will
> > be easy to see which bugs are of this kind. And then ? Would it be
> > acceptable to do massiv NMU to fix such problems ? I don't think so.
>
> I disagree.  We currently do not have 'categories' for bugs in the Debian BTS,

Ups, yes, I wrote too quickly...

> only 'severities'.  If there is consensus that developers are not handling
> l10n bugs as quickly as they should for the importance of those bugs,
> logically the bugs should be filed with higher severity than they are
> currently[1].  There's no need for new categorizations.

But what about tagging all such bugs 'l10n' ? I'm very pleased of the idea
of large NMU l10n bug squashing party when near to release.

It would be a really good thing.

Pro:
 - Easier for translator to search out if a translation is already done or not
 - Nativ speaker could search such bug, and review the translation, so that
   the maintainer could be sure that the patch is a good patch.
 - When a release comes, it's easier to search out which package need a l10n
   NMU.

Cons:
 - Not sure how to ask for a new patch in the BTS.

Thanks, Mt.