Re: YA /[s]bin thread was Re: Who is a Debian user?

On 29 Aug 2001, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

>* John Galt
>
>| The problem is that I'd like a generalized situation, not one that is
>| specific on a per-mailinglist basis.  That is, one header that I can throw
>| in a user configuration file and will work with any mailinglist I use in
>| that session.
>
>Without knowing which mailer you are using, something like

This should be mailer-agnostic.  That is, this will be the default answer
that I give to anyone who asks me how to solve the problem.  I want to
make this portable to mutt, elm, pine, and gnus at a minimum.

>(setq gnus-posting-styles
>  '(((and (message-mail-p) (stringp gnus-newsgroup-name))
>     ("Mail-Followup-To"
>        (concat "galt@inconnu.isu.edu, "
>          (gnus-group-get-parameter gnus-newsgroup-name 'to-address)))))

true, but also not what I need.  I can do the same with macros in my
preferred pine, but it isn't really portable.  m-c-t never to use your
example is a single header that can be just thrown into an append-header
line and forgotten.

--
Sacred cows make the best burgers

Who is John Galt?  galt@inconnu.isu.edu, that's who!!!