Re: mail-followup-to vs. reply-to [was: YA /[s]bin thread was Re: Who is a Debian user?]

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 03:55:28PM -0600, John Galt wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>
> >[ woa, evil Mail-Followup-To you've got there -- or did you really want
> >  no replies back to the list? ]
>
> No, Just CC'd along with the list: m-c-t is apparently not the right way,
> and reply-to can get munged.  We have another arbitrary situation: how do
> the people that want replies CC'd to them exist peacefully with people who
> don't?

mutt seems to handle this use of Mail-Followup-To: for list-reply
correctly; it replies to the list, which is what list-reply is
supposed to do, but Cc:s the target in Mail-Followup-To. If you really
don't want replies back to the list, set Reply-To.

Nothing wrong with setting Mail-Copies-To: yourself as well, though,
to make it clear to those with broken MUAs. And any comments you feel
like making in X-* headers.

 : :' :                         | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-    http://www.debian.org/ | London, UK