Re: adduser rewrite

Sean Middleditch wrote:
> Yes!  Please please!  I'm dying for LDAP integration!!!
>
> Perhaps a plugin model, similar to how PAM works, is in order?  Then I could
> use an LDAP backend, NIS, passwd, MySQL, whatever I had a plugin for.  The
> command-line arguemtns need a way to specify which database to add a user
> to, plus the config file needs to be able to specify a default.

I definitely want to have this as well. Actually, this is one of the
major reasons why I plan to rewrite adduser. My Python version already
supports LDAP just as good as it supports the classical Unix way. If I
rewrite adduser in C, this be one of my major focuses as well.

Roland

--
Roland Bauerschmidt