Re: RFD: translated description with dpkg

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Michael Bramer wrote:
> > We propose the central translation for dpkg and co. But how should this
> > work?
>
> Sorry, but not. dpkg translations will stay inside the dpkg source
> otherwise it is simply not maintainable.

Urm?!? And what is this?:

Package: manpages
Package: manpages-dev
Section: doc
Installed-Size: 367
Maintainer: Nicolás Lichtmaier <nick@debian.org>
Version: 1.39-1

It *does* work.

> Also realize that dpkg is work on non-Debian systems just as well and
> should be a self contained package.

It can be selfcontained even if it's centralized. See above.

> I'm also not very happy with using a completely different format file
> to store the translations in.

Valid.
*t

             Tomas Pospisek