Re: ITC: dpkg-sysconfig

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 09:27:34AM +0200, Ola Lundqvist wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 05:21:42PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > I'm not sure what you mean...I think you're confusing UNIX groups with
> > cfengine classes.
>
> No I do not think so. Because it was discussing NIS groups and how
> to specify them.

The syntax:

myclass = ( host1 host2 )

Specifies that host1 and host2 are members of the cfengine class myclass,
while:

myclass = ( +netgr )

Specifies that all hosts in the netgroup netgr are members of the cfengine
class myclass.  Neither of these statements modify NIS group memberships;
the latter is just a convenient way to use netgroup definitions in classes.

> > I don't think there is a built-in capability for adding a user, but it
> > would be a good addition to the program, and probably easy to implement.
> > Even without extending cfengine, it is easy to add a user to a Debian
> > system using a shellcommand rule and adduser.
>
> Yes, that is what I'm using today. :)

The nice thing about having a user-adding capability in cfengine would be
that it could (eventually) do the right thing on many systems (Debian, Red
Hat, Solaris, etc.).

--
 - mdz