Re: ITP: laptop-netconf -- a network detection and configuration program

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 11:49:08AM -0400, "Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar@debian.org> was heard to say:
> On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Andrew Pimlott wrote:
> > "Would not occur to most English speakers" does not imply archaic.
> > "Divine" is a perfectly good modern English word.  Look it up :-)
> >

> Oh sure you can find it in a dictionary.  But when's the last time you
> heard anyone *using* it that way.  The only example I could think of
> 'divining rod' which sounds pretty archaic to me!

  "divine the intent of the voter"

  Not common, not the first meaning that springs to mind out of context,
but hardly unused.

  Daniel

|                           We are Debian of Borg.                            |
|                           You will be packaged.                             |
|                           Resistance is futile.                             |
\-Evil Overlord, Inc: planning your future today. http://www.eviloverlord.com-/