Re: LDAP authentication with PAM

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 11:06:17AM +1000, Brian May wrote:

>     Brian> I guess this means I can safely remove all files except
>     Brian> telnet, ssh, su, and other?
>
> missed a few:
> login (it uses pam_securetty, pam_motd, pam_mail and pam_limits).
> chsh  (it uses pam_shells).
>
> + what I already mentioned was:
> telnet (I should have said login)
> pppd   (????)
> su     (uses pam_wheel and pam_rootok)
> ssh    (uses pam_motd, pam_mail, and pam_limits)

While we're at it, does someone know what the difference is between the
"password" services in the login file and the passwd file? How does `passwd'
interact with any/both of these? Do the "password" entries in the login file
make any sense at all?

Regards,

Filip

--
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
character, give him power."