Re: Outdated config.sub etc. breaking autobuilding

Hi Raja!

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Raja R Harinath wrote:

> Henrique M Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> writes:
> > Either that or have a package that provides an up-to-date
> > /usr/share/automake/config.{guess,sub} and that libtool and automake depends
> > on.  I'd maintain such package if the automake and libtool maintainers don't
> > want the hassle.
>
> You can find the latest official GNU version of config.guess and
> config.sub at
>   ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/config
> or
>   cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvs co config
[...]
> Have the 'automake' and 'libtool' packages depend on that package, and
> symlink to these files.

Exacly what I proposed. I could drop this on the archives by tomorrow if I
were to use ¨Replaces: libtool, automake" to hijack control of the offending
files from the libtool and automake packages... but I'd rather coordinate
this with the libtool and automake maintainers (cc:'ed). Besides, it's
possible that the automake maintainer might prefer to handle keeping these
files up-to-date himself.

  Henrique Holschuh