Re: Format of Description fields

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 11:54:04AM +0300, Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> was heard to say:
> On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 10:42:41PM -0400, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> >   In short: should frontends perform word-wrapping or not?  Should bugs
> > of appropriate severity (normal or minor IMO) be filed against packages
> > which improperly format their descriptions or not?
>
> Lintian has a number of warnings about improperly formatted descriptions.
> Obviously it can't know what was intended, but it warns about obvious
> mistakes like indenting the entire description, or using the nonexistent
> formatting codes, or making bulleted lists without indenting them.
> Do we have an archive-wide Lintian report somewhere?  Scanning it
> would be useful for this.

  I may have been hasty here -- after looking more closely at the cases where
I thought the description was wrong, I realized they were bugs in my
word-wrapper.  Oops.

  Daniel

|            "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot             |
|             stamping on a human face -- forever." -- 1984                   |
\----------------- The Turtle Moves! -- http://www.lspace.org ----------------/