Re: LDAP authentication with PAM

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 07:51:56PM +1000, Brian May wrote:

>     Wichert> Previously Brian May wrote:
>     >> I don't suppose there is anyway of saying "skip the next rule
>     >> if this one succeeds" is there?
>
>     Wichert> Not as far as I know; it would be a very useful extension
>     Wichert> though.
>
> I can't help but think that the current method is very inflexible.

there was some talk about a `if then else' system to pam a few monthes
ago on the pam list, i am not sure if anything ever really came of
it.

> For instance, something like this would be totally impossible
> (although maybe this is beyond the capabilities of PAM too):
>

> if (auth pam_unix) {
>   session  pam_unix
>   account  pam_unix
>   password pam_unix
> } else if (auth pam_ldap) {
>   session  pam_ldap
>   account  pam_ldap
>   password pam_ldap
> } else { ???
>   session pam_deny
>   account pam_deny
>   password pam_deny
> }

this looks very similar to some of the ideas discussed on the pam
list.

you may want to look at the pam-list archives.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/