Re: Packaging static-only lib?

On 12-Apr-01, 11:08 (CDT), Daniel Kobras <kobras@tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 10:57:27AM -0500, Steve Greenland wrote:
> > Then make the control file "Architecture: i386". Of course, this makes
> > all the packages that use it effectively i386-only as well, but such is
> > life.
>
> Which doesn't solve the original problem that turns up on x86 only. I
> would have to declare the shared lib package "Arch: !i386". Not pretty.

Ahh, sorry. I think it's reasonable to request a policy exception so
that you can create a static "libdv-dev" that is i386 only, and no
shared libs at all. There's no point in having useless shared libs.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read