Re: testing is broken

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 10:37:59AM -0800, "Thomas Bushnell, BSG" <tb@becket.net> was heard to say:
> Isn't it getting to be time to drop dselect from the distribution?

  I can't imagine dselect being totally dropped soon -- there will always
be some old Debian user who swears by it and refuses to give it up, ever!

  As they say, there is no accounting for tastes.

  Splitting it out of dpkg would be nice, but there are some technical
problems with that..which elude me at the moment.  I think mostly that
people who actually use dselect would have to manually install the new
package to get it back.

  Daniel

|                "Don't underestimate the power of the force."                |
|                  -- D. Vader                                                |
\------------- Got APT? -- Debian GNU/Linux http://www.debian.org ------------/