Re: Installed gcc272 2.7.2.3-18 (i386 all source)

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Herbert Xu wrote:

> > Hrm, gcc272 is still the preferred compiler for 2.2.x series, is it not?
>
> > It is automagically used by the kernel build script:
>
> Only on i386.

fine, point remains...  It is *NOT* time do deprecate a package used to
build the kernels a majority of i386 users (which, I'll wager, are the
largest contigent of Debian users) will be using for some time.

I've been using 2.4.x for quite awhile, and I know many developers, and
bleading edge types are... but still had to (untill this weekend stay
with 2.2.19 on one box due to X402/Linux 2.4.x/Matrox problems).

--
Rick Nelson
I've run DOOM more in the last few days than I have the last few