Re: portability as a goal for debian?

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

> OK. But perhaps gcc isn't a good example; personally I couldn't even
> name any of the gcc extensions.

Nested function declarations, not that I ever seen it used.
Inline asembler, but then portability is gone anyway.

And then I have seen code depending on some undefined behaviour, which
not really goes as an extension. This is just crappy coding
practice[0] and not the fault of the compiler. (Who wants to make a
compiler which really gave you random results when the standard says
that the behaviour is undefined. Well of course if undef is a value in
the language...)

0) Yes, the kernel uses it.

--
Free beer får det bedste frem i en pingvin.
http://peter.makholm.net/beer/