Re: update excuses.. how to read them

On Thu 25 Jan 2001, Brian May wrote:

>     Daniel> Eh? #77794 only affects Sparc.
>
> s/Alpha/Sparc/
>
> (and don't ask me why I got the two confused...)

It might also help if the source package was in the proper format,
i.e. with an .orig.tar.gz and a diff.gz file, instead of it all
lumped together in a heimdal_0.3d-5.tar.gz file.

When building things by hand, I usually skip such packages because
if there's a new version, I have to download the entire sources
again for perhaps a 2 byte change. Besides, it doesn't conform to
policy.

And yes, I do check that it's not a native debian package; things
like "new upstream version" in the changelog is a hint...

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/