Re: libgd's dependency on xlib stops netsaint from "testing"

On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 03:56:47AM +0100, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> Hello,
>
> ist it possible to make libgd not depend on xlibs? This will install a lot

I think not. It's uses X libs so, ...

> of unwanted stuff on servers and it even seems to habe problems with
> dependencies currently.. looks to me like netsaint which depends on libgd1g

which is wrong, cause libgd1g is not in unstable - it was deprecated and libgd
now builds only libgd1 1.8.3 ...

> is not moved to testing because libgd1g is not in testing, yet. xlibs is not

any it won't be there.

> yet moved to testing. It would be nice if you can avoid using xlibs, which

because glibc 2.2 is not in testing IIRC so plenty of packages are not in
testing now. Try to guess how many packages from unstable it is keeping from
testing.

				Petr Cech