Re: policy changes toward Non-Interactive installation

    Steve> Which reminds me, what sort of security is enabled in
    Steve> debconf? Can any user read the values from the database, or
    Steve> is it limited to root?

Not sure about this (on my system only root can read /var/lib/debconf),
however:

    Steve> An attempt to use db_get as a regular user, but only
    Steve> because the current backend tries to write a temporary file
    Steve> to var/lib/debconf (I think) (line 229 in ConfigDb.pm,
    Steve> potato version).

not sure how well temp files are managed.

I was told though, for the purpose of Heimdal-kdc, to put it in the
postinst directory. This means it doesn't have to get stored in the
database.  ie the postinst script does a "db_get" followed by a
"db_set".
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>