Re: policy changes toward Non-Interactive installation

On 15-Aug-00, 02:54 (CDT), Brian May <bam@debian.org> wrote:
> As another example though, look at heimdal-kdc, which needs to ask for
> the password, which must be kept as secure as possible.

Which reminds me, what sort of security is enabled in debconf? Can any
user read the values from the database, or is it limited to root?

An attempt to use db_get as a regular user, but only because the current
backend tries to write a temporary file to var/lib/debconf (I think)
(line 229 in ConfigDb.pm, potato version).

Steve