Re: Intent To Split: netbase

Why is it considered "difficult" for individual users adding /sbin and /usr/sbin to their path if they wish to?

I'm sure that most users are competent enough to change their own path,
and if they are not, they will be soon after they find that they need to.

As a user with no formal computer training, and little experience other
than GNU/Linux, changing my path was among the earliest of tasks that I
learned.

Is there some deeper principal of Unix or Linux philosophy being discussed
here?

Is there something to be gained that is somehow greater than can be
achieved by changing one's own path?

Is there something I am missing about this debate?

--
ptw
miscelaneous endeavors