Re: Hello Debian users

On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 8:25 PM Ervin Dine wrote:

> I have discovered that there is no Georgian input method available for
> Ibus in Debian. I think there is one available for Fcitx but it is based
> on the Azerty French keyboard. In Ubuntu this input method, it is found
> in Ibus-m17n, is available. That is because Ubuntu uses ibus-m17n 1.4.3
> and Debian 1.4.1. Is it possible to update this before Debian 11 is
> released? Maybe in point releases. This does leave an entire country's
> language out. And Georgian keyboards are not really practical in this
> case scenario.

Debian 11 bullseye has ibus-m17n 1.4.3:

https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/ibus-m17n

Ubuntu has ibus-m17n 1.4.3 because ibus-m17n 1.4.3 was imported into
Debian by the Debian Input Method team and then Ubuntu automatically
synced it to their archive.

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ibus-m17n
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ibus-m17n

PS: if you would like to add support for Georgian to the Debian
installer, website, wiki etc, please review the information at the
bottom of this page:

https://www.debian.org/international/

It appears there is some support for Georgian in the Debian installer,
but there is none in the website/wiki/etc and there is no mailing list
for Georgian translators. You can discuss this on the debian-i18n
mailing list.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/

--
bye,