Re: Debian Buster wallpaper selection

Le 10/01/2019 à 13:58, Jonathan Carter a écrit :
> Hi Alex
>
> Congratulations! By popular vote and consensus of the desktop team, your
> desktop artwork concept futurePrototype has made the cut for the final
> artwork for Debian 10 (Buster).

Hi all,

the various bits of the theme are now committed into the Salsa repository.
https://salsa.debian.org/debian-desktop-team/desktop-base

Feel free to clone, build and try it for yourself if you wish to give
feedback, I’m pretty sure it won’t eat kittens.

I’ll upload it to unstable before the end of the week.

In the notes, I didn’t need the font for the package in the end because I
used a logo-less background for the login screen, so no « 10 » to render.
We need to support several login managers and they have all sorts of
controls and elements in various areas of the screen, moving around
depending on user’s screen resolution so usually an logo integrated into the
background ends up looking out of place for some configurations.

If people really want to see « Debian » on their login screen they should bug
the maintainer/upstream to support integrating a logo image in a controlled
place like GDM does.

Cheers,
--
Aurélien