Re: Debian Buster wallpaper selection

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 02:58:20PM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
> Thanks again and we'll be in touch so that we can work together on
> integrating this with all aspects of Debian 10 artwork.
>
> Congratulations and thank you!

It's quite good that futurePrototype has made it.

Debian Edu uses the theme already (package debian-edu-artwork-buster),
see:
https://salsa.debian.org/debian-edu/debian-edu-artwork/tree/master/art-buster

We replaced the Quicksand font (not packaged for Debian) with one from
fonts-open-sans and also changed the text format.

This is from debian/changelog:

* Provide a better looking number 10 (as in Debian 10):
  - Replace non available quicksand font (Google) with open-sans to avoid an
    automatic replacement with a non-matching one.
  - Recommend 'fonts-open-sans' (debian-edu-artwork-buster package).
  - Adjust SVG files to use normal text format instead of floating one
    to actually show the version number.

fonts-open-sans is also needed as Build-Depends to also get good looking
PNG files.

Wolfgang