Re: GDM / GNOME shell theming

Le 12 décembre 2014 10:37:26 CET, Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> a écrit :
Vincent Blut <vincent.debian@free.fr> (2014-12-11):
Le jeu. 11 déc. 2014 à 21:30, Vincent Blut <vincent.debian@free.fr>
a écrit :
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think it is defined in the
'#lockDialogGroup' CSS ID in
'/usr/share/gnome-shell/theme/gnome-shell.css'. It seems to be a
greyish background
with 'noise-texture.png' on top of it.

So yes, it’d be possible to have a 'background-image:
url("path/to/picture");'
property instead, but I’m not sure this would be welcomed by the
GNOME team‽

$ dpkg -S /usr/share/gnome-shell/theme/gnome-shell.css
gnome-shell-common: /usr/share/gnome-shell/theme/gnome-shell.css

That means another upload of 'gnome-shell-common'. I’m not sure the
release team would be pleased
at this stage of the freeze :-/

If both desktop and gnome teams are fine with the change, I can deal
with the almighty release team.

(Thanks for everyone's involvement, by the way.)

Mraw,
KiBi.

Note that the login background can't be easily cropped or resized.
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/Lines

You'd need to at least choose a version depending on screen ratio for it not to look ugly.
Or drop the lines and the Debian logo and keep only the background gradient.

--Aurélien