Re: GDM / GNOME shell theming

Le jeu. 11 déc. 2014 à 18:57, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@debian.org> a écrit :
On jeu., 2014-12-11 at 16:58 +0100, Aurélien COUDERC wrote:
In fact Josselin's proposal was more specifically for the lock screen that is configured separately from the login screen for most desktops. The uploaded package should let LightDM have the intended login theme
 (same as KDM).

Indeed, I was not specifically talking about LightDM, but really about
Joss proposal.

 Besides I'm still not sure GDM login can be customized.

No idea either :)

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think it is defined in the '#lockDialogGroup' CSS ID in '/usr/share/gnome-shell/theme/gnome-shell.css'. It seems to be a greyish background
with 'noise-texture.png' on top of it.

So yes, it’d be possible to have a 'background-image: url("path/to/picture");' property instead, but I’m not sure this would be welcomed by the GNOME team‽

 For lock screens XFCE's needs to be done with xscreensaver AFAIK but
 nor sure I'll have time to look into that.

Xfce task still installs xscreensaver, but light-locker is also
available and that will call lightdm (I don't think it's possible to
have a different theme here but maybe). Also, I have no idea what kind
of theming can be done to xscreensaver but I don't think it really
matters, actually.

 I understand Josselin can do the work for Gnome and I've something
 ready fot the KDE/plasma one.

 We only need to agree on the actual lock screen.
 I do prefer my last version with the slight changes on Juliette's
 proposal. :-)

Ok.

Regards,
--