Re: Artwork for jessie?

Le 11/12/2014 20:59, Holger Levsen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Donnerstag, 11. Dezember 2014, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
>> I just had the opportunity to test the plymouth script, and it's quite
>> nice. The passphrase box could be a little larger, especially
>> considering the number of widescreens and the fact that disk encryption
>> phassphrase might be larger than comon passwords, though.
> does it still have all the "scary output"? I mean the word cryptsetup and the
> uuid... I like it but I know users who are kinda scared by it and would prefer
> less verbosity...
>

> cheers,
> 	Holger

Yes, it’s still not for the faint of heart !

Actually plymouth only displays what cryptsetup asks it to.
Check :
    /usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-top/cryptroot

The messages should probably be softened, improved, and even let’s
dream, localized !
The last really looks like a good idea. It’s one of the rare user facing
UI not localized.

You can discuss that with cryptsetup or initramfs maintainers I guess.

Regards,
--Aurélien