Re: Volunteer to do automatic testing upgrades from Squeeze to Wheezy?

Hello Petter,

I missed your first post, but I can perform the upgrade-test in your script.

Furthermore, how can I help with the testing of the desktop itself? Do you mean by testing it manually? What is the better aproach this time: test the RC from d-i or a daily snapshot?

Kind regards,

2012/12/18 Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com>

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> A while back, I did automatic upgrade testing from Lenny to Squeeze,
> to detect if the upgrades would fail completely, and to see if a
> sensible set of packages were left installed after the upgrade.  The
> script I use for this is available from
> and only require root access, lots of diskspace, lots of time and
> an Internet connection.
>
> Due to real life constraints, I am unlikely to find time to do this
> testing for the Squeeze->Wheezy cycle, and wonder if anyone would be
> willing to take up the task.

No-one volunteered.  But recently Holger Levsen started working on a
Jenkins installation doing automated installation and upgrade testing
of complete desktop installation.

Check out <URL: http://jenkins.debian.net/ > if you want to see what
the status is at the moment.  Perhaps someone here can help to improve
the tests and check that the Debian desktop setup is working properly?
--
Happy hacking,
Petter Reinholdtsen