Re: The status of desktop-base in wheezy

On Fri, 2012-06-22 at 09:36 +0200, Eshat Cakar wrote:
> I understand your disappointment but there is nothing we can do.

A shame, but at least we can try to put something like a short list of
suggestions together which would enable the next desktop team do do it
better. We could publish it as a final note on the wiki page with our
proposals so it can be easily found next time.

I suggest the following rules (not finally phrased yet):

The most important thing from my point of view is the necessity to
publish who has taken responsibility for the process of finding the new
theme. (If this person can't stick with it for some reason this should
be made prominently and permanently visible as well in order to enable
volunteers to step in.)

Second we need to define clear demands from the designers. It's a waste
of time to do unnecessary things. This shouldn't happen because we are
provided with inadequate information. (If I knew that the cropping can
be done symmetrically I would have designed something very different. If
I knew that it is irrelevant to design different media, I would have
skipped it...)

Best
Franz