Re: The status of desktop-base in wheezy
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: The status of desktop-base in wheezy
- From: Leandro Gómez <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 19:56:35 -0600
- Message-id: <CAEL=UvWT0Bn08-DvEWmMCU_z0T7X80XORRMUjVTgzwMsAU3g6w@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <20120621200858.GA1562@chayot>
- References: <20120621200858.GA1562@chayot>
On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Paul Tagliamonte <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
As many of you know, we're tragically close to freeze. As a result, the
usual process of voting, debating and picking a theme via consensus is
not really possible. There was also a distinct lack of interest in such
a process, as well.
I've taken it upon myself to start getting desktop-base into shape for
I've picked the "Joy" theme by Adrien Aubourg as the default
for Debian 7.0, which features a tasteful, understated and classic
look, something that both identifies as Debian while still maintaining
an air of professionalism.
I wanted to submit a proposal as well, but didn't make it due to the neverending workload with DebConf. Anyways, I also offer my help if someone wants to package their theme.
Cheers, and congrats Adrien!
Congrats, and thank you Adrien!
I'd like to thank everyone who submited artwork, and express how
impressed I am with the artistic talent we have in Debian.
I'd like to also give high honors to the "Roj" theme, as well as the
"7th Element" theme. If there was more time before freeze, I'd love to
have seen a working mockup of 7th Element. I don't think anyone will
argue that 7th Element had one of the most jaw-dropping and impressive
login designs I've ever seen.
The plan for wheezy is as follows:
* I've pushed changes to desktop-base to SVN.
* Once I give it some finial polish, I will target an upload to experimental,
where it will (hopefully) recieve some testing, feedback and patches.
* Once it's in good shape, or directly before freeze, an upload to
unstable will be targeted.