Re: New artwork for Wheezy

On Monday, April 16, 2012 16:42:00 Ulrich Hansen wrote:
> Am 16.04.2012 15:05, schrieb Andreas Berger:
> >> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/journey
> >
> > while the old wallpaper was maybe a bit too much, i find the new
> > wallpaper is a bit too little, from my first impression.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I think I might try to add some light
> elements on the left side.
>
> The impression seems to depend a lot from the monitor. At home,
> on an external screen, the whole picture is lighted in a kind of
> copper tone. In the office, the left side seems a bit
> dark to me too.

i have the same issue with mine. i guess that's why a lot of default
wallpapers have so bluntly intense and high-saturation colors, they are less
prone to monitor-specific aberrations.

> > btw, personally i thought the purple-ish overall tone
> > of your old wallpaper worked well.
>
> The only thing I really didn't like in my old wallpaper - I
> suppose you mean this one (1) - was the texture ("sandstone").
> So at first I was only looking for a better texture.

actually, no, i was referring to the one with the spacecraft when i said 'too
much' (mostly because i found the spacecraft too much),

haven't seen the (1) one before, but i like it (apart from the texture, that
is, as you said).