Re: New artwork for Wheezy

Am 16.04.2012 15:05, schrieb Andreas Berger:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/journey

while the old wallpaper was maybe a bit too much, i find the new
wallpaper is a bit too little, from my first impression.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I might try to add some light
elements on the left side.

The impression seems to depend a lot from the monitor. At home,
on an external screen, the whole picture is lighted in a kind of
copper tone. In the office, the left side seems a bit
dark to me too.

btw, personally i thought the purple-ish overall tone
of your old wallpaper worked well.

The only thing I really didn't like in my old wallpaper - I
suppose you mean this one (1) - was the texture ("sandstone").
So at first I was only looking for a better texture.

about the plymouth themes, which look pretty cool, will debian
actually have a boot animation instead of console messages?

I don't know. Probably not if the universal OS shall
continue to boot on pretty much anything electric.

But as you can see from the short README that accompanies my
Plymouth theme, it is not really hard to install. Maybe Debian
could make it even a bit easier to enable Plymouth.

In my opinion Grub 2 themes can be switched on by default,
with themes set in /etc/default/grub. With gfxmode set to
auto, it should fallback to text menu if anything goes wrong.

Thanks again and regards
Ulrich

(1) http://lazybrowndog.net/debian/wheezy/_login-background/journey-login-background.jpg