Re: Requesting feedback on the creation of a virtual package for icon themes

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Valessio Brito
<contato@valessiobrito.info> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here[1] the proposal to document the process to package themes.
> A discussion[2] of the icons was initiated in 2010, but did not have a solution.

Hmm the discussion you're referring to in [2] is about packaging icon
themes, right? That seems to be an orthogonal discussion.

>From an icon theme package mantainer's point of view, this is what
would be changed by the introduction of this virtual package:

* The maintainer should modify debian/control so that the package
provides the virtual package if it adheres to the fd.o icon naming
spec.

* In case the maintainer fails to do so, there might be a lintian
warning eventually.

> This proposal sounds interesting, could update the documentation in the wiki?

Sure, once we have the virtual package in place we should probably add
a note or two about it in that page.

Thanks,