Re: thinking together artwork to 'Wheezy'

Victor Nitu <victor@debian-linux.ro> writes:

> On 03/03/2012 06:47 PM, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> I dare having a proposal for -desktop followers.

> In order to make things more dynamic, I would say an IRC meeting on
> #debian-desktop can increase the productivity speed and quality. After
> that would be done, a log of the event can be eventually sent to the
> list, for those who were unable or unwilling to participate.
>
> I'd say that because there are a lot of trivial changes that can be made
> on-the-fly, and without having to commit them, export, send, wait for
> lists feedback with the editor still on for a few minutes, close it,
> open it again when some idea rises around here... and so on.
>
> Just a small test, scheduled in a day when most of us would be
> available. Only for about 1h, to see how it works. What do you say? A
> small creative brainstorming in a nice weekend evening :-)
>
> And please, don't throw the rocks yet. I know the public archives are
> still the best thing to happen around Debian, but it will be summarized
> and sent back here. I'm just curious... and *really* not willing to
> start flames and co.
>
> And thank you all for the ideas you brought so far.
>

> Regards,
>
> Victor

It seems there is a need for a collaborative effort. There is already
another Wheezy theme effort setup in this way (Ice-Swirl :
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/IceSwirl).

Although, a quick irc meeting is helping interactivity and get things
started faster, I think it is a better idea to stick to the mailing-list
interface for ideas, comments and discussions.

Would you like to set this theme's development in a collaborative way?
I mean not only feedback/discussions (i.e. mailing list) but design work
also. This would need a versioning system for people to contribute in.

I am no graphics designer, but have tried my hand on designing a few
logos/splash screens/wallpapers and I could help with ideas/feedback and/or even
some actual design work (time permitting).

I will be in #debian-desktop at irc.freenode.net
on Sat Mar 3 20:45:00 CET 2012 (that is UTC+1 : Germany) for about 1h.

Regards,

Menelaos Maglis

--
Debian GNU (Linux, kFreeBSD, Hurd, ....)