proposal green7 and cropping wallpapers

Hi collegues,

I can understand, that our wallpaper layouts should fit into all usual
proportions (4:3, 5:4, 16:10 and 16:9). Am I right, that different
resolutions aren't a problem because they will be (hopefully
proportionally) scaled?

Yesterday I made my first drafts for a green theme based on the number
7.[1]

I didn't expect then, that we couldn't use different files for different
proportions. So I made four versions instead of one version. They aren't
ment to be cut off on the right and bottom by what ever necessary. (Even
if some of them might still work pretty good if you do that...)

Are the wallpapers scaled for lower resolutions? It's not easy dto
design something if most of the layout gets cut off. If wallpapers
aren't scaled under any circumstance the only "save" place of the
layouts would be the left top area.

I would like to do more experiments based on different structures in the
background and the number seven counted in those dash-counting style
(four dashes crossed by a fifth one). I think about stone, wood, a plant
leaf... each case the dashes formed in a proper method. Carved for
example in stone, eaten by an insect on the leaf...)

I couldn't find out so far how to adjust the gamma correction in GIMP
2.6 to exactly 0.45 like asked for on the requirements page under
technical details.[2]

Can anyone of you tell me where I can do this? I didn't even manage to
find any place where I can check what the actual gamma value is.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/green7
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDesktop/Artwork/Requirements

Best
Franz