Re: Serial Connection

1. are you a member of the group that owns your serial port (/dev/ttyS0 or ttyS1?)
2. what if you use "cu" like: cu -l /dev/ttyS0 -s 9600
3. what did your kernel think is the ttyS* port? (grep ttyS /var/log/dmesg)

It's possible that your udev rules are messed up somehow and you don't have the right special files. Verify everything first.