Re: desktop artwork for wheezy

Le dimanche 16 octobre 2011 à 14:52 -0400, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)
a écrit :
> Additionally, I think it would be great to have some guidelines of what
> may be proposed for artwork. When I submitted some ideas that I'd like
> to use in my proposal, Josselin just said "Not going to happen." for the
> icon theme I was planning to use in the proposal. That doesn't leave
> much explanation as for why, so I have no idea why the theme can't be
> used so it would be hard to choose another one if I don't know the criteria.

Sorry for the too-short explanation.

I will object to anything that changes:
- the default icon theme for GNOME;
- the default gnome-shell theme;
- the default metacity/mutter theme;
- the default GTK+ theme.
The reason is that upstream put a lot of work into getting all of these
consistent with a nicely integrated design that goes far beyond pure
appearance.

OTOH I’d like to see a rocking default background, and a default
background for gdm as well. Bonus points go for those that transition
smoothly from one to another at login time (there is a fade from a
picture to the other).

I’d also like to see themes for grub and plymouth, but the choice to
make them eligible is up to their respective maintainers.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :