Re: desktop artwork for wheezy

Le lundi 10 octobre 2011 à 15:50 -0400, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) a
écrit :
> == Icon Theme ==

Not going to happen.

> == Wallpaper ==

> I don't have a wallpaper yet, but I'd like to keep the following in mind:
>
>   * Include a light variant and a dark variant of the wallpaper so that
> you can have contrast with your panels whether you use light panels or
> dark ones
>   * Avoid text (hard to translate and might be cut off / scaled badly)
> or anything that resembles buttons/functionality (some users will
> inevitably want to click on it), so basically I'd like to avoid having
> the Debian logo on there alltogether

And unlike the wheezy one, The wallpaper must look nice when cropped at
any aspect ratio, especially (but not limited to) at 16:9, 16:10, 4:3,
5:4, 8:3, 32:9.

> == Desktop Environments ==

At least for GNOME 3, this is not going to happen. Just like Sune I’d
like to point out that upstream has put a lot into design, we’re not
going to throw it away because someone found a nice purple icon set.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :