Re: Status update for debian-desktop

On mar., 2010-11-16 at 15:12 +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > == Wheezy plans
>
> debian-edu has a debian-edu-artwork package, shipping our artwork for
> grub(2),
> gdm, kdm, desktop backgrounds and we also modify debian-cd to have a
> nice edu
> splash image in d-i+g-i. We used to use usplash but failed to
> integrate
> plymouth in time for squeeze.
>
> For wheezy I'd love to see us working more closely together!

Hmmh, yeah, definitely. Is the debian-edu-artwork package a clone of
desktop-base package with different artwork or do you do it differently?
I'm not sure the current structure (combination of Makefile,
debian/rules, {pre,post}{inst,rm} scripts, alternatives etc.) is the
best one, so I would love some input from other people with the same
concerns :)

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis