Re: Tweaking SpaceFun

On sam., 2010-11-13 at 20:37 +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On jeu., 2010-11-11 at 20:14 +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> > gdm3 theme is present, but there's no gdm theme. For Etch and Lenny the
> > theme was in gdm (and slim) packages, should we move it to the
> > desktop-base package? (cc:ing the various login managers maintainers to
> > get their opinion).
> > Cheers,
>
> I submitted themes for slim (#603256) and gdm (#603403), waiting for
> their maintainer to act (or will propose an NMU). I'm not too sure about
> kdm and gdm3. It'd be best to provide the themes in desktop-base, maybe
> using alternatives, but I don't have a strong opinion either.
>
> What do people on -desktop and relevant maintainers think about that?

Status update:

* gdm has been uploaded
* kdm theme has been included in desktop-base svn
* gdm3 theme has been included in desktop-base svn, and gdm3 upload will
follow desktop-base upload to enable the settings to be selected in
desktop-base
* grub theme has been included in desktop-base svn
* splashy theme has been included in desktop-base svn but lacks the
latests updates and still have the “Debian” word
* various files have ben updated to remove the word “Debian“ from the
open use logo because of the licensing concerns (that solution sucks but
that's the only one I'm able to implement right now)

What still miss and would be nice to have is:

* {ext,iso,sys}linux theme (there's already some files in spacefun svn
but a complete theme is a bit more than that)
* plymouth theme (nothing is done, afaict)

so I'm adding Daniel Baumann to CC: in case he might give some help on
this :)

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis