Re: Update theme SpaceFun and wiki page

Am 13.12.2010 17:46, schrieb Yves-Alexis Perez:
I'm not an artist, I just try to make the package usable. If you think
it's a bettery idea to drop the depends and use paths, no problem, I'll
revert the depends.

Well, thanks to Valessio the desktop-base deb-package is already usable without the depend to ttf-sil-andika. The two SVG pictures that show this font in the word "debian" are

spacefun-splash.svg
login-background.svg

Both are located in /./usr/share/images/desktop-base/

In both pictures the font has been already rendered to be a path by Valessio.

So yes, you can revert the depend to ttf-sil-andika.

In general I think using paths instead of fonts in the SVG-pictures of the deb-package gives artists more freedom and users won't be bothered to install anything else to see the picture.

Of course the source package should contain a version with fonts, which makes changes easier.