Re: Squeeze Artwork: selection of default theme

On sam., 2010-11-06 at 03:33 +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> If you think one theme is the best for Squeeze, please reply here,
> giving your candidate (and maybe a second, though ordering is a bit
> harder) and few words about why you think it should be the default
> Squeeze artwork. In case there are multiple variants, please tell us
> which one you prefer too.

Ok, so here we go.

My personal order of preferences is:

* SpaceFun
* LispMachine blue
* Nightly

SpaceFun looks to me like the most polished one. It has the “fun” part
but would still be usable in any business office, imho. It's blueish (I
like blue) and not too dark. It's consistent with the character
“Squeeze” (the alien).

I really like the LispMachine blue variant, it has a very nice
futuristic aspect while having quite some background sense. However, it
might be difficult to integrate since there is no svg version
(obviously). Not sure if that'll be a real problem if we have large
enough original work but still.

Finally, I find Nightly really nice too, but maybe a bit to simple
(though that might apply to LispMachine too), and too dark.

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis