Re: desktop-base/ciel and squeeze: plan of action
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: desktop-base/ciel and squeeze: plan of action
- From: Amir Dizdarević <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 18:42:48 +0100
- Message-id: <AANLkTi=EQ5O8HHoU-FW0P=ed2ezrFwQ70auAoB4JaFkz@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <1288891863.11014.16.camel@hidalgo>
- References: <20101104133159.GD30452@deckard.alcopop.org> <1288878343.11014.5.camel@hidalgo> <20101104144501.GA5154@deckard.alcopop.org> <AANLkTins8a8cja8VdZUB=Bb=eyEKRcju2jJntHna3K4M@mail.gmail.com> <AANLkTinXibakSkFrpvTCA-E1j16ry9F-2ndt4ut=-Ofirstname.lastname@example.org> <1288890267.11014.6.camel@hidalgo> <AANLkTinY3jHwvZT=wWrcpeb8aBA8GZ0=F-1L5cUnyYNr@mail.gmail.com> <1288891863.11014.16.camel@hidalgo>
I beg to differ, as we made the themes for the community, which isn't just the people making the themes.
Also, just because someone doesn't contribute in the official "channels", doesn't mean they don't
do other things, like writing howtos, helping out people on IRC, etc. I think we should take into account
people who say their opinion on this mailing list. And what about people who are disadvantaged with
disabilities and cannot contribute to making themes due to the task requiring a level of manual work?
Where does one draw the line? There won't be that many people rushing, don't worry. When I asked people
for feedback on the forums, which I presume are much more visited, there were only about 10 people max.
Most Debian users also customize heavily, which makes such decisions futile for them anyway. I guess
it will mostly be people contributing here anyway. But that is not the point -- having a say is.
On 4 November 2010 18:31, Yves-Alexis Perez <email@example.com>
On jeu., 2010-11-04 at 18:09 +0100, Amir Dizdarević wrote:I do hope we wont have a rush of people not involved in any part in
> I hope the
> will make a decision which satisfies the majority (of the Debian community,
> not just
debian work for that vote. Debian is a do-ocracy, I really expect voters
to be people involved in that list, in debian artwork and desktop work