Re: Debian squeeze theme: dead in the water?

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 10:10:10AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > offer the user the possibility of a repository of themes. eg.:
> > add sources.lists "themes.d.org"  same backports...
>
> I would prefer the themes to just be uploaded to Debian main.

Me too - they have to be packaged, they might as well be in the main archive to
get the most exposure and take advantage of the widest repository mirroring.

I can see an argument that people running stable might want to install a theme
created post-release.  As far as I can see, backports would cater for this, and
again would be a better choice than a new repository for the purpose (official
project, wide mirror-base).

--
Jon Dowland